Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chapter 11 Guided Blog

"I feel as though premarital sex makes woman lose a since of their virtues but not their ability to be modest. Does premarital sex make females have less or more modesty?"

I don't think that premarital sex necessarily makes a woman lose a sense of their virtues. I think that woman and men alike can take part in premarital sex and know where they want to go in life and still have goals and values. It affects different people in different ways and the only way to really truly understand its affect is by talking to the individual who took part in the act. I think when it comes to modesty the same is to be said. A woman or man controls if it affects their modesty. Some girls may be very sexually active before marriage and let that affect how they dress and how they act around towards men sexually, while others may not let it substantially change their opinions on how modest or immodest they are.

-Brandon Kinlein

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think losing virtues is losing modesty.. Anyway, I think if one is actively having premarital sex whenever and wherever then modesty and virtue is lost. But it can be regained through life epiphanies or something.

Okay, so premarital sex in general; I think that every time a little modesty is lost. It's the act of exposing yourself entirely to someone else. Slowly and slowly you become more comfortable about it. I think that's why a lot of girls change drastically if they decide to turn away from premarital sex.

Group 4 said...

When people kiss each other in public under watchful eyes of others they show in fact that there is not modesty. Is public display of affection really because there is a lack of modesty?

I believe that whatever and whenever display of affection that I have for someone is realy about my personal feeling, not about what other people think if is lack of modesty or not. I originally came from a country (Brazil) where people freely externalize their feelings. For example, is commom to see a couple(boy friend and girlfriend, husband and wife) kissing on the university campus, or on the streets. On a traditional and popular street party called "Carnaval" the people go beyond the limits of public "modesty", sometimes you can see people having sex in the middle of the street. I never did it, may be I am too "modesty" for. Obviously if the police caught these people go can go jail, but no one is terrified about it on the streets. So, I think that modesty depends on the culture that you are talking about. It up to us to respect and accept cultural diversities.
Jose Luis Iglesias

Group 4 said...

A lack of modesty probably has made people care less. You get desensitized to things when you see them more often. My parents were pretty modest and it affected my upbringing. I know plenty of other people whos parents didn't really care, and it shows!

-John Johnson

July 17, 2007 7:20 PM